It is a safety glass consisting of two or more glass layers. These are permanently bonded together with one or more interlayer, generally Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) with the help of high heat and pressure. When laminated glass gets broken, the fragments of it stick to the interlayer and prevents from breaking into large sharp, dangerous shards and scattering.
The PVB interlayer gives the glass higher sound insulation and acts as protection against UV radiation. Laminated glass is preferred for interiors and exteriors of residential buildings, commercial buildings, hotels, showrooms, shopping malls etc.
- The product delivers higher safety and security
- Can be heat tempered or strengthened to increase its mechanical strength and thermal resistance
- Offers higher protection against UV rays
- Is an excellent sound insulator
- Reduces seeping of heat from sunlight into the room, thus reducing air-conditioning costs